[rbseverity] Fix the severity extension to properly support general comments
Review Request #9205 — Created Sept. 23, 2017 and submitted
The severity of a problem was not being displayed on the review page, if
the severity was added using the add comment button on the review dialog
The drop downs menus for severity options on the edit review page
were not saving the model with the selected option. The model not saving
the selected option caused the data not be saved in the database when,
submitting the form.
The patch fixes the problem by saving the model anytime the severity
changes in the drop down. When the severity is saved it is properly added
to the database, and this fixes the problem on the review page.
I added a comment of each severity using the add comment button on the
reviewable page. On the review dialog page I added another comment with a
severity and published it from this page. I repeated the process adding
multiple comments with varying degrees of severity, and different
amounts of comments.
I ran the js tests with the extension enabled and all expected tests
passed. I had 2 failures, they seemed unrelated and other people were
experiencing them, and they are being filed separately.
All tickets had proper severity in the database and displayed it on the
Some changes I'd like to see to your description: These should wrap to 70-75 characters. Best to do this in ...
Some changes I'd like to see to your description:
- These should wrap to 70-75 characters. Best to do this in your editor.
- The first sentence is kind of redundant.
- The last sentence doesn't sound very confident, and is probably overall not needed.
- I recommend going through a grammar checker for the text. The meat of the description is a long run-on sentence that could be split up.
- Try to word your description like you're writing a small report. You should structure it like: "Description of the problem, why it happened, how it was fixed." Read through the guide on writing good change descriptions.
- The Testing Done needs to be more explicit. Making some changes doesn't tell me anything about the original problem being fixed. You should really spell out the steps you used to test and the conditions that were tested (every type of comment should be tested). We need to be able to follow along with your steps.
Hopefully corrected the description and testing done.