No changes. Tried to add Dan Savilonis as a reviewer, but couldn't figure out what his userid might be. ReviewBoard still insists that I've changed something, so here's a comment.
Review Request #740 — Created Feb. 10, 2009 and submitted
|Review Board SVN (deprecated)|
The post-review script uses the --no-prefix option to git diff. This option specifically omits the artificial a/ and b/ prefixes of the pathnames of the files being diffed. git.py GitDiffParser::__parse_diff() is hard-coded to remove the first 2 chars from the path names, assuming that the a/ and b/ are present. This disagreement results in reviewboard dropping the first two characters of the filenames produced by post-review when using git as the scm. I chose to change post-review rather than git.py since the test in test.py::GitTests specifically test for the _presence_ of the a/ and b/ prefixes. That makes it fairly clear that post-review is in error.
Posted a review to my own reviewboard (1.0 alpha 2) server using git as the scm and my modified post-review. Note that the filenames in the diff now include the first two characters which had been dropped using the stock version of post-review. Note that this patch changes the behaviour for git-svn as well as native git. I only tested native git.
|/trunk/reviewboard/contrib/tools/post-review (Diff revision 1)|
I think this should keep the --no-prefix since git-svn uses the svn diff parser. However, I don't use git-svn so I can't say for sure.
I put back the "--no-prefix" option in the git-svn case. I confirmed that Dan was right about this being required for git-svn. I set up an SVN repo and cloned from it using git-svn. With my r1 patch, I got extra 'a/' and 'b/' prefixes on the filenames. With my r2 patch, everything works fine. So, only the native git case should have the "--no-prefix" option. New patch is attached.
Revision 2 (+1 -1)
Looks good to me.
Looks good to me too. Committed as r1813.