Add "zoom" functionality for high-dpi image review.
Review Request #8216 — Created June 3, 2016 and submitted — Latest diff uploaded
With the advent of high-resolution screens for mobile devices and laptops (and
more and more for desktops), it's common for UIs and the icons/graphics
displayed therein to be shown at a pixel ratio where the browser uses multiple
physical pixels (either 4 or 9) for a single "virtual" pixel.
This means that most screenshot tools will produce images that show super huge
inside Review Board.
This change adds a new drop-down menu to the image review UI to select a zoom
level. We offer 33% (good for 3x ratios), 50% (for 2x), 100%, and 200% (which
is good for getting a close look at alignment and such). In the case where the
filename of the image being reviewed includes the magic text "@2x" or "@3x",
the appropriate zoom level will be pre-selected.
- Checked each zoom level with:
- A plain image file attachment.
- An image attachment with multiple revisions (no diff)
- An image attachment with multiple revisions for each diff mode.
- Tested the pre-selection of the right zoom level for both plain image
attachments and each diff mode.
- Tested loading existing comments at various zoom levels.
- Tested creating comments with different review modes and zoom levels.
Verified that the comment regions were assigned correctly.
- Tested moving/resizing comment regions at different zoom levels and verified
- Changed zoom levels and verified that comment regions were resized along with
- Checked functionality of the drop-down menu for each of the different display
modes in mobile sizes.
- Ran js-tests.
- Ran unit tests.